The costs of acquiring real estate in Turkey are paid by the buyer separately from the amount of the property.
In accordance with Turkish legislation, the one-time tax on registration of property rights with the participation of one of the parties in the transaction of sale of a foreign citizen is 4% of the value of real estate, calculated from an expert assessment of the value of the object.
Costs for TAPU registration:
- Payment for an expert assessment of the value of the object — from 2600TL (depends on the m2 of the object)
- Payment of tax — 4% of the cadastral value (tax on the purchase of real estate).
- Tax payment — 1 672TL (tax for registration of TAPU in the cadastral chamber).
- Services of a sworn translator — 100 euros.
- Issuing a tax number is free.
- Notary services — from 1500TL.
- Notarized translation of documents (different in each case) — 1 page from 200TL (depending on the number of characters and the complexity of the translation).
After receiving the TAPU, you must issue:
- ISKAN — technical passport for an apartment (for new real estate and for secondary, if it was not issued by the previous owner) — the cost depends on the cadastral value and on the area of \u200b\u200breal estate — from 2000TL.
Subscriber number for water — 1200TL.
- Subscriber number for electricity — 260-500TL + deposit.
- All of the above costs are one-time. When reissuing subscriber numbers of secondary real estate, the costs are significantly reduced.
- Real estate tax (paid once a year, but can be paid semi-annually) — from 0.03% to 0.07% of the cadastral value.
- Aidat — the so-called utility bills — 150-700 TL per month. The amount and terms of payment in each complex are individual.
- Bills for electricity and water — monthly according to meter readings — for the actual consumption of resources. The amounts are individual.
Property insurance against earthquakes (DASK) and other types of risks (damage to property from natural phenomena, floods and leaks, theft and robbery, fire, etc.) — from 70 TL, depending on the area and age of the building.
these amounts may vary depending on the exchange rate, the location of the property and applicable law.